Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Treats!!

so, the last two runs have been, um, challenging for me. Spectacular and fun, yes, because the scenery and the atmosphere was so cool, but challenging in that I felt like I was slogging through mud up in Boulder. So today, I decided to run a quick three miler so that I'd meet at least three runs this week (we'll talk about the October Challenge later) and took off for the park loop.

This loop is nearly 3 miles (2.9907 by GMaps Pedometer), leaving from my house up the street to the path at the trail to the water fountain then back. It's always my goal to negative-split it, but sometimes, that no work out so good. Usually, I actually end up almost exactly the same for the out part and the back part, just because I tend to be so consistent. Today, the out part was done in 15:04, and the back part in 14:46. So, not only did I negative-split it, but I also came in at UNDER 10:00 MILES!! I'll have to check the running logs to find out how long it's been since I hit that. So, yeah, Happy Halloween indeed! I got my treat!!

No comments: