Saturday, October 18, 2008

3 mile timed run

Today was my first run with the Cowtown training group, and on the schedule was a 3-mile timed run. They said to go at an easy pace, but pick it up on the back end. So that's what I did, and ended up with 15:28 on the out segment, and 15:20 on the back end. So I did technically negative split it, but it still amazes me sometimes how consistent I can be, even when I'm not trying! It's like my body picks a pace for that day and holds me to it, no matter what.

We did decide, though, that I needed to be in the 11:00 pace group (that's why we timed today, to find our natural pace) for my training runs. It just doesn't make sense to try to get me to speed up for longer runs, so an 11:00 pace will be a better fit for me, especially as we get into more mileage.

I met a couple of nice people, including a crew who is doing the Komen 3-Day in a few weeks. It was fun to share walk stories with them. They've definitely got an advantage since they will be training together during the week, too. All in all, it was a good experience and I'm really looking forward to the next four months!

Now, I'm off to breakfast, if I can get Hub and Elder Child up out of their warm beds. Later!!

No comments: