Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And then I saw a fox

yeah, I'm loving this place. Because the weather was so nice, the team decided to leave the office early (which means a little more time working tonight, but sooo worth it!) and go to an outdoor patio cafe for dinner. I had not made the time to join the team yet, since I was fried on Monday and ran yesterday, so I really wanted to go. Half the fun (OK, probably 75% of the fun) of being on a project is getting to know all your colleagues, and I wanted to go, but I also wanted to run. So, brilliant people that we are we figured out how to have cake and eat it too, or rather, how to have my run and join the team. I ran out to meet them, then hung out while they ate and then ran back to the hotel. All told, I ran 4 miles, with a little bit of a break to chill (literally -- once the sun went down it got cold!!!) and get to know everyone. I also realized how close the shopping/eating areas are to the project offices and hotel, so I don't have to fret about hot having a car.

Oh, yeah, on the way back, while I was passing these railroad tracks, I looked down off the footbridge and saw a fox. I stopped to try to get his picture on my phone, but it was too dark. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me, then ran away. It was so cool! Like I said, I'm loving this place!!

ORN: 4 miles, 41:54 minutes. Pretty hilly course, with amazing trees and bridges and a FOX!

No comments: