Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I gots it!

Just picked up the Nano today! As soon as I get it set up, I'll get the Nike+ stuff set up on it, and I should be ready to roll tomorrow -- wahoo! I am currently converting all the WAV files to AAC format -- the Shuffle did it automatically, but the Nano fills up on WAV files. Or something like that. I don't know the specifics. What, am I supposed to be some kind of technical wizard just because I'm in charge of my entire division's enterprise-wide software? Sheesh, expectations.

Meanwhile, Elder Child had some serious pain in his feet today, so I wasn't able to hop on the treadmill tonight like I planned. The combination of hobbling along on the "good" foot for 8 hours at school, no painkillers from 6:45 AM until after dinner, and the lack of ice on the foot pretty much created a perfect storm that set him into hysterics at about 8:00. Out of nowhere his "fixed" one started in with sharp pain -- I think he accidentally bore weight on it myself -- at the same time the "arch" in the left one started spazzing on him. Poor baby. He was nearly hyperventilating he was in so much pain. But we iced quickly, and got him some supplemental pain medication, and he was OK after about 20 minutes or so. During that whole time, though, he just wanted me to sit with him and keep him calm. Poor bubba.

What else? Not much yet. I'm still formulating the specific goals for '07. And I just realized that my goals for '06 were on the old hooha.org site, so I can't get to those posts. I remember vague concepts of what they were, but details escape me. I'll get to it soon enough, I promise; it's just that I'm having a hard time with re-entry into the job thing after such a relaxing time home with the kiddos and Hub. sigh.

Well, I'm off to bed to let the iTunes do its thing overnight. Maybe it will be ready for me tomorrow morning, for an early morning run..... Now, will I be ready for it???

No comments: