Tuesday, September 12, 2006

New shoes

I found my old favorite trail shoes at Sports Authority this weekend -- Kohl's used to carry them but quit, so the last pair I had were a more lightweight runner. I've been through 3 or 4 pairs of this model and I've always been really happy with them. bonus marks because the trim on the gray shoe is yellow, and yellow is my favorite color. Score! extra bonus because they had size 10 in stock. Yeah, I've got big honking feet. I've adjusted.

the new shoes helped this morning's run tremendously, in that the shins quieted down a lot. Still some lingering tenderness that's going to require ice again tonight, but everything else was fine. except that the humidity is back. we were so kidding ourselves thinking we were actually going to see fall weather in September. bah!

4 miles, attempted recovery pace:
11:00
11:01
10:25
10:45

average mile = 10:48

1 comment:

Downhillnut said...

Woohoo, nothing like a new pair of shoes! Hope your shins appreciate them :)