Saturday, March 03, 2007

wha???

from the weather people:

"FREEZING TEMPERATURES LIKELY LATE TONIGHT THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY MORNING...
A VERY DRY AND COLD CANADIAN HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL BE SETTLING OVER THE CENTRAL AND WESTERN PORTIONS OF THE STATE TONIGHT. SURFACE WINDS WILL BECOME LIGHT UNDER CLEAR SKIES THIS EVENING. STRONG RADIATIONAL COOLING OVERNIGHT WILL RESULT IN TEMPERATURES FALLING TO OR BELOW FREEZING ACROSS MUCH OF NORTH TEXAS. AREAS GENERALLY NORTH OF I-20 WILL LIKELY SEE LOWS OF 25 TO 28 DEGREES AND TO UP TO 8 HOURS OF FREEZING TEMPERATURES...THUS A HARD FREEZE IS EXPECTED IN THESE AREAS."

huh? IS IT NOT MARCH??! IN TEXAS??!

**sorry for the gratuitous over-use of caps -- the Weather People started it**

Um, me no likey this kind of weather here. So much for my scheduled run outside tomorrow morning. I might have to wait until afternoon. Or do it on the TM. I need to run 3 or so miles later tonight since i haven't run yet in March. I thought with the life change of the new job, sick kiddo and 28 days running in a row I deserved a couple of rest days. But if I do 3 today and 6 tomorrow, I'll be OK for the pre-set schedule anyhoo.

I'm trying to talk Hub into a cool spinning trainer for the playroom/home gym instead of a standard exercise bicycle. The therapist recommended one for the Elder Child to help with the rehab on his foot/achilles, and I know both Hub and I would use it almost as much as we use the treadmill (which is usually twice a day by one or both of us). I know it won't substitute for the real thing out on the road, but it will certainly be better than nothing for the cross-training - my cross-training lately has been more of "run inside vs. run outside." Also, I think I may have seen too many of these infomercials on the hotel TV this week!

It was good to be home, and I think I will like being home again this week. No actual deployment yet, so I'll spend the time either at the local office being a downloading fool or doing online training and certification in different product lines instead. not too shabby, although the size of the quarterly bonus depends mostly on my "utilization" so it's better $$-wise to be out on the road being billable. But for starters I'm not minding the ease-in approach to this gig. Not one bit.

That is all. Hub and Elder Child just left for Hub's hockey game, leaving me and TDP DinoBoy to watch DVR and play with sock puppets. Fun times. And I'm not being sarcastic, for once!

No comments: