Wednesday, August 30, 2006

hallelujah!

not only did she wake up at 4:30 AM (yes, as in the drunks aren't even home yet), but she got out and ran 8 miles. OK, so the first one was inside on the treadmill, watching Roseanne on Nickelodeon, and then I did 6 outside (weather was actually quite tolerable, with barely any humidity), and then came in, woke up the boys and jumped back on the TM for the last mile. Yet, add it all up, and it's a total of 8. In less than 90 minutes. Outside miles averaged a 10:40 pace, or somesuch, I don't have the Garmin in front of me to verify. Inside miles were at a 5.5 mph pace, so those were 11 minutes each. And I didn't feel overly drained or creaky today. Hydration was remarkably good -- I planned my outdoor route to hit two water fountains at strategic points -- and I felt pretty strong and energized the rest of the day. That alone is enough to make me feel like I'm getting my mojo back.

Which is good news. Because I'm needing something to get me through the next few weeks. More info later when it's safe. all will be told eventually, but for now, let's just say I'm making the most of my meditation/relaxation/thinking time during my runs.

1 comment:

pearl izumi said...

Good luck on your future marathons! Have the best run always! :)