Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pulse check

so, how am I doing? with the "new" resolutions, as it were? Let's see:

Tracking all calories in on SparkPeople -- yep, until yesterday, which is OK, since Friday is date night and I have to take a break. Average calories in were about 1500, which is about right for me -- any less than that and I start to feel very deprived. I won't log calories in today, but I will tomorrow, and I've tracked exercise every day.

Not skipping or adjusting workouts -- um, not so much. I've been fighting a cold or allergies, or something (excuse alert, excuse alert!) so I was sluggish waking up Wednesday, when I should have done 7 miles. I ended up only doing 4. Then work stuff beat me down so severely that I didn't run at all on Thursday. I did 4 miles on Friday, which is supposed to be a rest day, and instead of 3 today, I cranked out 5. So I skipped AND adjusted, and came up one mile short for the weekday miles. phoo. But, I really have felt like crap a few days in there (excuse alert!!), and work was a total whip in so many ways this week, plus we had two late nights with school stuff (this would be called "LIFE" I believe), so I won't beat myself up for doing 16 of 17 miles (94%)

Adding back in weight training -- not so much. One day, I woke up and did arms off the OnDemand menu on cable. whatever.

Returning to yoga -- worse than the weight training. I need it, too, but just haven't been able to fit it in. Does it help that I've *thought* about it a lot?

So, there's the week. Tomorrow is a scheduled 15-miler. It's supposed to be freakin' hot again tomorrow, which means I need to go to bed now so I can wake up at o-dark-thirty and hit the streets before 5:00. I'll check in tomorrow and let you know how it goes. For now, I've got to run -- there is a freshly-bathed yet clothingless little boy running around who needs to get some pjs on and go to bed.

No comments: