Sunday, September 07, 2008

under 11 again

went walking yesterday morning, with Alicia. we miss our weekend walks, which was our main time to catch up with each other, so we've started them up again. it should get easier to do once the weather starts to cool down for sure. then, the rest of the day I kinda had to myself, since I met up with TDP DinoBoy's godmother so she could have him for the weekend and Hub took the Elder Child dove hunting. I spent the afternoon just hanging out and leisurely shopping for stuff for the new house.

Yeah, the new house. We *finally* got a contract, but until we actually move in, I'm not going to get too excited, especially since these people are now starting to be total a@@holes and demanding all kinds of things, many of which are unreasonable. Whatever. So I wouldn't be surprised if they back out of the deal, seriously. Just total pr!cks they're being.

Today, I ran 6.5 miles in just under 1:12, so I FINALLY made my pace back under an 11:00 mile. It was tough for a bit since it got so hot so fast -- I didn't leave until well after 7:00, and by then the sun was full up. But I felt pretty strong, and didn't walk at all, so I think I just need to force my body into remembering what it's like to run. I'm also mulling over the possibility of doing Cowtown as a full marathon in February. It's just a thought right now, but I do love the half course there, and it's always a very nicely supported run, even if the expo is a little lacking. But we shall see. For now, I'm happy just to be out and running 4-5 times a week and catching up to my yearly mileage goal instead of falling further behind like I did earlier this summer.

Gotta go -- it's getting late, and I have another action-packed week to get ready for. Peace out!!

No comments: