Friday, September 12, 2008

it's the only thing that helps

just a little bit. makes me feel not as bad. to just get out and run. Never mind that it was stifling hot out, even after the sun went down. But I had to go out today, even though I missed Hub's hockey game because of it, because I never made it out last night after skating and scouts and coming home and realizing just how depressed this whole stupid situation with the house is making me. I just couldn't do it. At least (I guess here is where we put in the Small Victory for the day) I didn't gorge myself on bad food as I often find myself doing in that situation. I just didn't have the mental energy to go out for a run. And I should have, because right now, it's about the only thing that makes me feel good. It's the only thing that makes sense to me right now. The stress is making itself known in every aspect of my life and I don't know how else to deal with it except to just go out and run.

ORN: 4.61 miles in 54:50. Avg pace: 11:53. In my defense, it did include stops for fixing my hair, fixing my headphones, waiting for lights, and drinking water from the fountain at the park. Yeah, right. Whatever.

No comments: