Sunday, September 14, 2008

8 miles on the schedule*

wow, been a while since I did this distance and felt so good doing it, too. Average pace ended up at just over 11:09/mile, but I'll take it. There's plenty of time to bring that down to 10 and change like it used to be. I had a couple of strong stretches, like not walking up the hill near the monastery (yes, there is a monastery in my neighborhood), and not taking the shortcut home, making sure I ran the full 8 miles on the schedule today. And ultimately, the weather here post-Ike was just short of glorious, so I couldn't bear to not be out and on the streets early enough to see the sun rise out of the clear sky. Fall is almost fallen here in North Texas, and that means lots of good mornings on the road.

*And, yes, there is a schedule again. Which means there is an event at the end of the schedule. I *really* want to do the full in Austin, but I think the hills would be too much for my knees, and I have no real hills to train on here. So instead I think I'll stick close to home and finally do the full at Cowtown. I've done the half so many times, and I think it's time to get that full medal.

There. I said it. Now I have to do it. The goals are yet to be determined, but really, the real goal is to make it happen and be ready to roll on February 28. Peace out!!

No comments: