Wednesday, July 02, 2008

One more

One more night in a hotel.
One more trip out to New Jersey to the airport.
One more wait at the gate, checking to see if I've been upgraded.

Yes, folks, I'm headed home from this project in NYC for good tomorrow afternoon. With some good fortune from the travel gods, I will be home in less than 24 hours. I've learned a lot on this project, and I've met a ton of folks, some of whom I am looking forward to working with again and who are true, deep-down, salt-of-the-earth, Good People. Others, meh. Whatever the case may be, let it be said that I gave 110% every stinking day of this project, because I did, even when it was brutal, and trust me, there were days that it surpassed brutal and went into insane.

As of right now, this moment, I don't have another traveling gig set up. I have a couple of leads on some internal projects that I can work on from home. Yes, that will be good. And even a little bit of what we call "bench time" would be welcome, no matter the impact on next quarter's bonus. I think I need it after the past 51 weeks.

For right now, though, at this very moment, there is only one thing left for me to do before I leave this fine city (love to visit, would NEVER want to live here), and that involves my running shoes, a gravel path, and a little sunset over the city. Central Park, as far as I'm concerned, is the best part of this little metro area, and I will miss it, to be sure.

So for now, one more run in the Park. I'll catch you on the other side, back in Tejas, where I belong!!

1 comment:

Rich said...

Oh it can be sad to say goodbye to an old friend, even if it is a city. But now you can always claim NYC your adopted home town - you've seen it up close often enough!