Sunday, January 27, 2008

9.7242 miles...

more or less. According to GMaps Pedometer, which is my new best friend since I'm sans Garmin these days.

Total time elapsed was 1:43:10, but that included a side trip and quick conversation with my in-laws when I saw their garage door open and stopped in to refill my water bottle. It also includes time waiting at stop signs, although that was negligible today. Even with all that, it still works out to 10:36 per mile pace, which is pretty good, considering I was running 1 mile/1 minute intervals, walking and drinking after each mile. That translates to a 2:18ish finish time in a couple of weeks in Austin, which would be faster than my last half, but well off my PR for that distance. No matter, I'm not in it to win it (shhh, don't tell the pros!) but rather just to get myself back in the groove.

I'm back to normal (for me) schedule this week, so I'm bound and determined to get the weekday runs in, and next week I'll shoot for 11 miles flat. I can then decide if I want to try for 13 the following week or do a lesser distance as a taper of sorts.

Can't report much more today. Maybe later I'll tell you about our 4:45 AM trip to the ER (all is fine, but it was a bit scary while it was happening), our continuing saga with the vet and the itchy kitties, and Pinewood Derby. Maybe not. Just depends on how much bandwidth I have. Right now, I must return to washing all the sheets and blankets in the house and airing out the rooms so that all the nasty germs residing will take a hike. And it's time for lunch, too! Gotta go -- have a great Sunday (what's left of it!!).

2 comments:

Ellie Hamilton said...

Great run, SkateMom! I can't wait to see you.

My email address is
againstthewind@conestogalife.com. Yeah,it's long :-)

Anonymous said...

"our 4:45 AM trip to the ER"

Eeek! But glad to hear that everyone's ok!