Thursday, November 08, 2007

in the thick of it

moved to a new apartment closer to Times Square area of mid-town. It's a bit more crowded and significantly louder in this part of town. Just a lot more bustling.

I'm doing well, but I did decide not to do White Rock this year. Which means no marathons for me at all this year. I feel like I *could* pull out the long run mileage in the next three weeks to be somewhat ready, but I wouldn't have fun. And I certainly wouldn't be prepped to do anything close to my PR. Add to that the fact that I haven't signed up yet. Add to that a hockey tournament about 90 miles north of year that would take the boys away for the weekend without me if I stayed behind to run. So I'm not doing it. Makes the fact that I haven't been able to run at all this week because of work a little less onerous. I'm disappointed, but mostly OK with it, because I know it's the right decision.

But I am targeting Austin for February 2008 -- I need to sign up this weekend to make it real. Then, we'll just plan to have a long weekend in Austin, all of us, and I'll get to have my time with my boys and that husband of mine *and* I'll get to run. Plus I have more time (and longer stretches at home over the holidays) to get the mileage up to the level where it needs to be to have a safe and enjoyable marathon.

So that's the big news. I hadn't posted it even though I decided it Sunday because I wasn't sure how to do it. But there it is.

One thing it has freed me up to do is to look at a few shorter races for Saturday mornings, so I'll be doing a lot more shorter fun things that the kids can come with and participate in the fun runs. So expect to hear about some of those. For now, I should get ready for work. Peace out!

No comments: