Monday, February 05, 2007

Five Down

Only 23 to go!

Flatman had this idea, from listening to Shelley, that he should run every day in February. And for some reason, I thought that sounded interesting (peer pressure! peer pressure!). So, even though this certainly is going to be one of the most stressful months of my recent life, or maybe because this is going to be one of the most stressful months of my recent life, I decided that I should do it too. So far, so good.

And I tell you what -- today is certainly one of those days that I might have otherwise came home and plopped on the couch, dead to the world, if not for this challenge. I got a late start out of the office -- unfortunately, I think that will be the norm in this last stretch there, as they try to bleed what institutional history I have in my brain from me -- and traffic was horrendous. And of course, I had nothing but fumes in the tank, so I had to stop at a less-than-savory gas station just south of downtown. So by the time I got home, I was fried. I was glad for a reason to force myself on the treadmill, and once I got on there, it was easy going for 4.5 miles in 48 minutes and change. And I watched CSI: Miami with no sound on while I did it -- really, I didn't miss much that way.

Oh, and last thing -- has anyone tried these? My son found them somewhere this weekend while he was with his godmother, and they are good! There's not many in the pack, but they're just right for a taste of sweetness. We'll have to find more here local -- they're much healthier than the regular fruit snacks we usually have around the house (although I may still need to stock the Peanuts-shaped ones!).

Gotsa run. I've got one last load of laundry to dry before I can call it done for the week. and I should probably shower before I go to bed, even though I'm planning on running again first thing in the morning. "Should" being the operative word there....

heh -- OK this is the last thing -- I promise! I'm watching the weather, and our forecast high for tomorrow is 71 and sunny! This after he tells us the air temps in the northern hinterlands like Duluth are below zero, even before adding in windchill. This is why I loves Texas!

1 comment:

Vickie said...

You don't even want to know how cold it was this morning here! Okay, I'll tell you anyway: -12. Let's see, you do the math: 71 + 12 = 83. So its 83 degrees warmer there! No more complaints on the weather please!