Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I got a "D"

Apparently, DinoBoy is being introduced to the concept of letter grading this week. He announced to me that Dad earned an "A" today for being a good Dad, and I got a "D." Nice. Well, I'm not quite sure how to take that. I know I'm not going to be their favorite as long as I'm the "enforcer" in the house (and I am), but a "D"? I guess I should feel lucky I didn't get failed completely.

I asked him why, and he said it was because I yelled at Elder Child this morning. Well, yeah. It was 7:00, about three minutes before we HAVE to leave the house, and said child had been sitting at the table, reading the sports page (with the Grade A Dad sitting next to him the whole time, incidentally), with NO socks, NO shoes, uniform shorts unbuttoned, NO belt, and unbrushed teeth. And, with his "broken wing," the child moves more slowly than he does on a good day. So, there was NO way we'd be ready for school on time. So, yep, I yelled at him, pretty much asking him what in the world he was thinking sitting around when he wasn't ready to go. And for that I get a "D."

And we wonder why I head for the chocolate. Oy.

1 comment:

Downhillnut said...

Oh heck. Pass that "D" right along to Elder Child and then introduce Dino Boy to team ranking.