Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trail Tuesday

I took the afternoon off work to play in the dirt at Eagle Mountain Lake. It was perfect. 

A couple of hours of sunlight - so crucial now that it's dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home - coupled with a picnic lunch made for a great day. I saw only four other people out there, and it was perfectly quiet except for the birds, the rustling of chubby armadillos in the leaves, and the sound of the crunching of my shoes on the path. 

Winter Storm Cleon still has a slight grip on a few of the paths, those in the shade, but 90 percent of the trail was dry and perfect. I hit the south side of the park, on the trails we didn't get to the last time we had Trail Day out here. Definitely worth multiple return visits. 

It's pretty amazing what a few miles in the woods, along the shore, through a prairie will do for my soul. I think I need to start a habit of playing hooky from work one weekday afternoon a month, just so I can refresh my brain and my psyche. 










No comments: