Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!

From my family to yours!

I heard a song today that made me smile, laugh, and then cry just a bit. The opening lyrics made me realize that my life is moving so fast, and the years are slipping away, and they seem to be getting better and better, and I'm starting to make sense of things, and understanding what's important, and what matters. And I want it to slow down, so I can breathe it all in, and do all the things, with all the people in my life that make me the best that I can be.
It used to seem to me
That my life ran on too fast
And I had to take it slowly
Just to make the good parts last. 
- Steve Winwood, Back in the Highlife 
There is so much goodness in my life right now. No, not anywhere close to perfect, but the good parts are amazing, and they make me forget the rest, or at least give me the strength and the resilience to deal with the rest. I love my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's not perfect, but all the pieces of my life fit together perfectly for me.



I wish you and yours the blessings and joy of the holidays. 
And that you can take it slowly, and make the good parts last.  

No comments: