Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wellness Wednesday: Nature Walk

Take a peaceful 45-minute walk, with friends and / or family members, in a park, hiking trail, botanical garden, green belt, etc. Record and describe in your journal the feelings that this action evoked in you.


Well, we intended to take a nice leisurely walk around the Fort Worth Nature Center last weekend, but the early sunset and park hours foiled our plans. We did get to hike a tiny bit, enough to get a feel for the place and decide that we want to go back and explore more and spend the day there. 

I love hiking in the woods, and while I don't think I will ever run a trail race again, I definitely plan on spending as much time as I can on the trails. I love the smell of leaves on the ground, the feel of a dirt path under my feet, the sounds of animals rustling in the brush and birds chirping in the trees. I didn't  even mind the croaking frogs at the water's edge, even though we couldn't ever find the little guy and that normally creeps me out. 

Best of all, I was lucky to experience the trail with my husband and two of our really great friends, who are always up for an adventure and fun, and are willing to let us tag along. It's always a good time when you're with people who make it a fun time, even when plans don't pan out. Plus we now have something to look forward to next time! 




No comments: