Monday, March 30, 2009

Good luck to Ellie!

OK, you need to take a minute and go over to my friend Ellie's blog and wish her luck. On Wednesday, she is undertaking a hike on the Appalachian Trail, starting from Georgia and ending up, well, wherever she ends up after 6 months. I was lucky enough to meet Ellie and run part of the Austin marathon (I ran the half, she finished the full) with her last February, and I can honestly say that she has changed me for the better. She has a unique no-nonsense, no-frills perspective, she is completely real and down-to-earth, and ultimately what makes her so special is that she truly understands the important things in life. She's completed Ironman and a countless number of marathons, but this will undoubtedly be her most challenging endeavor ever.

Her last post before she leaves is on her blog here:
http://elliesjourneys.blogspot.com/2009/03/commencement.html

Go, wish her well. She doesn't need the luck, because she's been preparing for this physically, mentally and spiritually for the past year, but I'm sure she'd appreciate it anyway!!

No comments: