Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Workout

It was fun, it was tough, and I can't wait to do it again...

We met at the church where our regular group runs have been starting, and hit the road right after 7:00 am. We took an easy pace out to the 2-mile mark, to where we found a little patch of green off the side of the levee. We ran down, then up, then back down for a while on the edge of the levee (a nice 60 degree or so angle), then settled in for some sprints, push-ups, jumping jacks, ab work, and squats. We ran back to the hill (yes, THE hill) for more ab work, plus more squats. We were spared the lunges, thankfully, but then did a few hill repeats before coming in and heading out for breakfast, where we traded war stories about Cowtown and other races. It was a beautiful morning and a nice way to wrap up the workout.

Today, I am sore. It hurts to sneeze, it hurts to sit down or stand up from sitting. As one of the group said yesterday, I feel muscles in my butt that I didn't know existed. We all laughed when she said that during the workout, but now i know exactly what she meant. Ouch.

Got to get some of that weekday mileage in this week, while I'm home. I don't know yet if it is going to be easier or harder to do this while I have to juggle family & home duties with work. All I know is that OKC is just about a month away, and I got some work to do.

No comments: