Tuesday, January 13, 2009

4 miles

it's crunch time. the work I put in over the next seven weeks will be the difference between finishing Cowtown strong, upright and smiling or staggering through another painful stretch after mile 19. I'm a little disconcerted about the pace of last weekend's run, but I have to shake it off and just continue to put in the work during the week (even while traveling) and put in the miles on the long runs. There are no shortcuts. I have to do the work, hope for good conditions and an "on" day and then just run. and then run some more.

So, with that said, I ran today. 4 miles on the treadmill downstairs. The temps were OK for an outdoor run, but there was still enough ice on the ground to be treacherous and there was a wicked wind chill. So, hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can give the Garmin another try in the morning. Six is scheduled, so I should be getting to bed soon. g'night!

No comments: