Saturday, January 24, 2009

17 miles

schedule said 19, Coach Jim laid out a course that was 18.5. But I just couldn't take the idea of coming back through the streets of Fort Worth and possibly getting lost if I slowed down and fell behind the group. It was a rough week emotionally and physically, and I felt like I was on the verge of pushing myself over the edge if I did too much. Plus, I got new shoes last night (bad idea, I know, trying to break in shoes with a 19-miler, but I had no choice -- just hadn't had a chance to get them otherwise) and was getting a little bit of a hot spot on them. So I turned around at the 8.5 mile mark and came back on the trail. So I "just" ran 17 instead of 19 -- slacker, I know. But I felt like that was all I had in my tank today. Next week we have 20, do or die, so I think I did the right thing today so that I still had something left not only for next week, but for race day. This still puts me at 4 runs over 17 miles or more, which is about two more than I've usually done. So, I'm OK with it. Really, I am. Splits later, for posterity, but for now the battery on this thing is about to die, and I'm overdue for a nap! Peace out!

No comments: