- took two days off from running (friday and Saturday) and the world didn't stop spinning
- ran Sunday and really enjoyed it, even though it was only 3 miles in Texas midday heat (blech)
- Texas midday heat is better than Colorado spring snow (again!!) WTF???
- I swam yesterday, and really feel like I didn't spend my time flailing and gasping. I was able to really practice my stroke/breathing. I finally felt somewhat natural doing it, too, and my I let my body figure out the rotation thing on its own, so that I wasn't lifting my head completely out of the water. Huge confidence builder!
- I didn't run yesterday -- instead I did 25 minutes on the bicycle and 30 in the pool. Go me.
- 2 miles of hills today, slowly. Slow hills, but we hit some 10% and 12% inclines. Gonna feel that later, I'm sure.
- It's killing me to see my "Yearly Goal Progress" on my running log go into negative double-digits as I'm not running the volume that I'm used to, but it's OK. It will be OK. It.will.be.OK.... I think....
- I think I'm in love with Mike and Mike in the Mornings. Or mostly just the metro Mike. It's the only decent thing on in the hotels in the morning. Like it's not bad enough I listen to the DFW sports-radio online at the office here in Colorado, I now watch Mike & Mike. Sheesh!
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
So, what's been going on in Suburbia South lately? I know you've been on the edge of your seat waiting for the next Skatemom update. Haven't got much time today, but here goes the "I really need to jump in the shower and get ready for work, but I really hate neglecting my blog" version:
at 5:58 AM