Sunday, July 30, 2006

I owe ya 4

I did 8 miles on the treadmill this morning, and it was painful. Not painful in a physical way, but painful in a "am I done yet? Can I go now?" kind of way. Ugh. I have to say that while I truly love the flexibility of the treadmill, and having it in my home, that doesn't make the long run any easier on it. I have to work this afternoon from home, and when I'm done I'll hop on for the last 4.

I prolly could have done it all this morning, body-wise, but by the time I got to 8 miles, DinoBoy was up and about and Hub was getting ready for church. I just didn't have the heart to climb back on for another 45 minutes (yes, on long runs, I slow down even more than usual, to an 11:40/even 12:00/mile pace!). As I've said earlier, this is time to get serious about the training and not missing the runs and not cutting back on the mileage, or I'll be in big-time trouble come my October marathon. So I will get on and finish the 4 miles today. Have to. Before the day is over. I will. I may bribe myself with cheesecake, and that may be what it takes, but I will get it done.

UPDATE: Did it. 4 miles. 44 minutes. wasn't fun, but it was made somewhat more tolerable by watching "Hannah Montana" and "That's So Raven" with Elder Child. Not nearly as much fun as DinoBoy and I had last night watching Titanic. Dang, those boys of mine are cultured! Like an old cottage cheese, those kids are! Now bring on my cheesecake, dammit!

No comments: