Saturday, November 06, 2010

almost time

So, I'm here in New York City. and I ran through Central Park this morning. The weather was perfect, I felt amazing & I saw the finish line. Fairly amazing. But what made me really happy, what gave me a huge confidence about tomorrow and created an great sense of calm was the music that randomly came up during the three miles. A sampling of the lyrics that made my feel like this is going to be a good day:

Marathon by Rush
- "it's a test of ultimate will, the heartbreak climb uphill, got to pick up the pace if you want to stay in the race..." This is not a flashy or upbeat song but the lyrics & the feel of it and the rhythm really set the mood for a good solid long run.
Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus - "Got my hands up, they're playing my song, the butterflies fly away. I.m nodding my head like "yeah," moving my hips like "yeah". Got my hands up, they're playing my song, and I know I'm gonna be OK." yeah, I know, Miley... But whatevs, it's a good song & it was perfect this morning.
Hungry for Heaven by Dio - "So just hold on. you can make it happen for you. reach for the stars and you will fly.... We are sunlight, we can sparkle and shine and our dreams are what we're made of. So just hold on, you can make it happen for you. Reach for the stars and you will fly."
I Gotta Feeling by Black-Eyed Peas - no lyrics needed. 'nuf said.

So, I have a good feeling about number 10. And no matter the result, I WILL enjoy the ride. it's been awesome so far.*


*but, really, I will enjoy it so much more if my finish time starts with a 4... I'm just saying...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

justme said...

hope it goes well !!!