Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Who'll stop the rain?

apparently, this blog has been taken over by CCR. Please, please, please make it stop (the rain, not CCR -- I kinda like CCR). The rain is bringing me down, not to mention making it impossible to hail a cab in this badboy of a city.

I did run Friday and Saturday, at the gym both days. No running Sunday -- got too lazy. No running yesterday because it was dark and rainy when I woke up. No running this morning because, well, same song, second verse. And I was up until midnight working on a project, so it was twice as hard to get up and hit the streets this morning.

BTW, why has nobody told me how awesomely funny and HOT Craig Ferguson is? How have I missed him all my life? It probably has something to do with the fact that I am usually fast asleep by 9:00ish, but whatever. Someone should have let me in on him. It's got to be the accent, or maybe the graying hair. But, wow! I found myself staying up even later than I normally would have to catch more of his show.

So, that's why I didn't run this morning. Which is crazy stupid, because it's something like 57 degrees out today, or something ridiculous like that -- I mean, really. When it hits 50s in Texas, that usually means NOVEMBER!! So I'm fairly idiotic not to take advantage of the cooler temps. But the temps are cooler because of the rain, let's not forget, and we know I can't be slogging around in the rain. The plan is to make it up with 4-5 this afternoon after I kick off from here. I've got to take advantage of the northeast side of the park for a few more days before I get relocated to my new digs on the Hudson River. I'll be moving into a corporate apartment about a 5-minute walk from our offices, so no more hoity-toity Upper East Side. And no more trying to hail a cab in the pouring rain -- I'll get to be a real New Yawker and walk in it! Wait a minute here...

Anyhoo, gotta run, but I should have some time later tonight to catch up on everyone and make sure y'all are behaving and getting a little more training in than I am!

UPDATE: How awesome was that? I ran around the north end of the park, from 92nd up to 110th, then across to Central Park West and south to 77th St. Ended up being a little less than 6 miles; I'll call it 6 since I had to walk about .25 of a mile to get back to the hotel after I stopped at the grocery store for dinner. It was cold and drizzly the whole time -- not too messy, just enough to keep the leisure walkers away and make the park nearly deserted off the main paths. I'd have gone all the way down to the south side of the park if it wasn't quickly getting dark and I didn't have about an hour's worth of work to do tonight. But, energy-wise, I was in a good groove and didn't even feel like I'd been running for an hour. I guess a couple of days' rest was a good thing!

Gotta run again -- if I don't want to be up all night I've got to switch off the fun stuff and get back to work.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

You are really getting to know your way around the Big Apple! Exciting, I know. And don't forget, I plan to be there the end of September. Will you be around?