Friday, December 01, 2006

Hi, there!

um, sorry. didn't realize it's been so long since a post. we've been dealing with that silly Arctic Blast (blast... blast... blast....) the last few days.

I didn't run on Wednesday morning because it was too hot and sticky, and I figured I'd just make it up on Thursday. Um. no. The differential between our high and low on Wednesday was 50 degrees -- from a high of about 80-something to freezing by midnight. Yowie.

Oh, and my oven is broken. It wouldn't turn off after i baked a frozen pizza and a batch of cookies for the boys (yeah, for the boys... 'cause I would never eat that stuff myself. Nope. Not. Ever...) on Wednesday night. So I ended up having to pull it away from the wall and turn off the gas and unplug the sparky-thingy. Which killed my kitchen clock. But, eh, no worries. It's not like I ever cook on the weekdays anyway.

Even though I haven't run since Tuesday -- I'm taking this "taper" thing a bit too seriously, I think -- I do have some running content to report. Check out these pix from last week's 10K -- in one of them, you can even see me grabbing some air, it looks like! I'm not sure what's up with the completely unattractive sweat pattern, though. How I can sweat on only one boob, I'm not sure. Maybe I spilled water on myself or something.

Gotsa run, seeing as how I'm at work and such!

2 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

Woo, great photos! And AIRBORNE! I've *never* gotten an airborne photo! Well done!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you got some great photos there, even with the sweat patterns (not noticeable until you mentioned them). Good job getting out there!