Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Early morning meme

because Denise sent this to me in an email, but it's much too fun to do on email alone. all my bloggy friends would get left out. If you want to play along, leave a comment, or linky-link back to your place.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Bags. Bags. Bags. But no ribbons or bows if I do wrapping paper, because nobody in my house appreciates them anyway

2. Real tree or artificial?
I prefer real, but the pre-lit artificial tree is a thing of greatness.

3. When do you put up the tree?
After my December marathon, usually the second weekend of the month

4. When do you take the tree down?
Between Christmas & New Year's, before I have to go back to work.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Blick.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The school-sized, flip-over blackboard we got one year

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. My mother gave it to me - she used it the first year my parents were married. The sheep has a broken leg from when my sister pounded it on the hardwood floor.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
in-laws - they buy whatever they want/need throughout the year. 2nd hardest is Hub since he micromanages the checking account and I can't sneak in something from anywhere unique without it being a dead giveaway. This year, I got lucky and was able to stop at the University Co-Op. He knows its Longhorn gear, but exactly what kind, he'll have to wait and see.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Dread Pirate DinoBoy. Um, pretty much anything piratey or dino-ey and he's thrilled.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A set of magnetic letters suited for a three-year old. It would have been great, but I was 10.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Not a full-length movie, but the Charlie Brown Christmas. And Nestor the Long-Eared Donkey..

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
After my December marathon.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Nope. But I have bought early, stashed in the closet and then forgotten about it.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Tamales. Tamales. And then, occasionally, I'll eat a tamale.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
No matter. Just so they're little. The big ugly ones are hideous. .

17. Favorite Christmas song(s):
"Adeste Fidelis" and "Do They Know It's Christmas?" and I'll deny it if you call me on it, but the Bryan Adams' one

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Would rather travel, but staying home is nice, too.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Only if I'm singing. And you don't want me to sing.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star. Used to be a gaudy lit-up, ferris wheel star-thingy, but is now a sedate, lovely cross-like star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Eve at Grandma's, but we save my family's gifts, our own and Santa's for morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The mall. I avoid it all the time, but especially at Christmas

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Burnt Orange baby! My mom's tree has Snow White and the 7 dwarves. We also have a nice set of Star Wars ornaments!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Tamales

25. Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas?
That's the whole reason we're here, no?

No comments: