Friday, March 04, 2011

Friday Five: Texas Independence Edition

Really, I'm still all choked up over Cowtown. I had planned another post yesterday to talk about the after of Cowtown, but I still am processing it all.  Every time I look at the pics of the race and my friends who ran with me, I just get all choked up again. And then Brightroom does this:


and this:


and, oh, my ever-loving goodness, THIS:


and makes me realize all over how very, very, very lucky I am.

Anyhoo, it's Friday, and in about 2 hours I have to go to the airport to meet up with my friends Libby and Elaine, Twitter friend Michelle and seven other new friends so we can head down for the Texas Independence Relay. I am excited to make new friends. I am excited to run in my Texas skirt, across Texas.  I am excited to be a part of something new and different and FUN with my running. So I better get going, but first, Friday Five:


  1. I packed way too much stuff for this trip, I know. We're running at night, in the morning, during the day. So I packed basically two long sleeved shirts, two short sleeved shirts, black tights, black shorts for under the tutus we'll be wearing, my Texas flag shorts and about four pairs of socks. Can't beat fresh socks. 
  2. I also realized I may have a dry-weave addiction.  I organized my running shirt drawer while I was packing. Um, yeah... nobody let me near an Academy anytime in the next four years... 
  3. I cannot lift my arms above my chest right now. That was courtesy of a trial class at a new gym near me. This is a good thing.  Now I need to find the funding for at least a one-month membership, ideally a three-month membership there. Where did I bury that treasure chest again?
  4. I am not sure what the boys are going to be doing during my three days hiatus.  I am not sure I want to know.  All I know is I did laundry before I left because I'm pretty sure I won't be doing ANYTHING when I get back on Sunday evening. 
  5. In two weeks I get to do another marathon, the Grasslands Trail marathon, hosted by North Texas Trail Runners.  You should come out if you're in FW-D. They have a half distance, a full and a 50-mile.  I may or may not be bringing tequila to the finish line, as when I finish that race, I will FINALLY have achieved Marathon Maniac status. Hells to the Yeah! 

1 comment:

Jason said...

What great pics. Way better than your average race pics for sure.