Monday, October 28, 2013

This is 44



So, my birthday was yesterday. I am one year away from flipping age groups, one year away from my 10-year marathon-versary. My baby boy turned 13 yesterday, too, and my college kid came home for the weekend to celebrate with us.

I laughed too loudly and had too much wine with my friends yesterday afternoon, and I stayed up too late watching the Boston Red Sox tie the World Series to those dastardly red birds. I skipped my morning run in favor of snuggling with my husband (who, by the by, has quietly accumulated greater weekly mileage totals than me lately). I had two pieces of cake. And I regret none of it. That's the freedom of 44, y'all. It kinda rocks.

So, what's been going on? A little of this, a little of that, and not much of anything. I've got some plans cooking for the next few months, nothing monumental. But one of the things I want to do is get back to blogging, get back to capturing the daily ramblings in my head. I miss being able to go back in time and remember what was going through my brain, like I was able to do when I blogged more. So that's the goal for this, my 44th year. Some days you'll get a picture (probably a lot of days you'll get a picture), some days you'll get a workout summary, or a race report (racing?? what is that??). More likely you'll get a rant, or some silliness like a poll or a questionnaire. Who knows. The only rule is that there are no rules. It's my blog, and I'll do what I want with it. You're welcome to come along for the ride!






No comments: