Thursday, May 19, 2011

I know, I know!!

I promise I will get the final installment of the OKC race report done before the next OKC marathon, I will! But we interrupt this blog for a special reminiscence.  Because today, my oldest son turns 16.


Yow. 16. He's driving now, still doesn't have his license since we started late, but he takes the controls of the EBV when we go to Scouts or the grocery store or to the gym. He is bulking up and filling into a more mature physique now, courtesy of 4x weekly workouts with a sport-specific strength & conditioning coach, plus speedskating workouts and hockey. He is no longer my baby boy. But, yet, when I look at him, no matter that he's taller than me now, no matter that he has grown into a handsome young man, I will always see the squidgy baby boy with cheeks and hair that they first showed me at nearly midnight 16 years ago. Happy Birthday!

No comments: