For the first time this training cycle I had to shuffle some things around (ironic, considering that I cut that night's run short after posting about how I was not going to let things bother me and impact my training!) but ultimately, my log shows that I hit 100% of my training for this week, including my second 20-miler. One of those runs was a painful, tedious slog that sucked my soul out of my body, and one I had to cut short because I was too wrapped up in emotions to just get it done that night. But I switched days around and by the end of the week, I was all caught up and feeling better about my week. I was feeling pretty damn good about my training, actually, and my week as a whole.
After a whole lot of chaos this past week, this is what my Friday-Sunday looked like, and all of these things added up to really renew my spirit, if not totally sap my body!!
- Quick, relatively easy 5.75 mile run - got back the run I had to cut short Wednesday night
- Sushi take-out dinner date w the husband
- 50-minute romp through nearly deserted trails in North Arlington
- Hour-long full body massage
- Afternoon of low-stress errands & hanging out w all three of my boys
- Saturday evening watching my Longhorns (they ultimately won after I went to bed - whew)
- Early Sunday long run w Marci & Kris - we ran HARD and blew away our last 20-mile time
- Relaxing quiet afternoon at home full of naps with baby cats snuggled up to me
- Delicious home-made meal & fun family time around the dinner table
|Marci, Kris and me after our 20-mile run around Lake Grapevine. We rocked it.|