Wednesday, September 15, 2010

52 Days

Week 11 of training for NYCM began yesterday. I ran 57 miles last week. Sunday's long run put me at 1000 miles for the year. This is really happening.

I've been in kind of a tumult the last few weeks from a personal standpoint.  I've learned a couple of hard lessons about friendship and loyalty and trust. It's affected my general moods and my home life to some degree, but not my running. I refuse to let anything affect my training and my preparation for this race. If anything, I am now even more determined to have a stellar day and an amazing weekend. And now someone who I thought would be sharing in the excitement of the day will not be. And that's their loss. Not mine.

Because as of right now, I am so ready for this, and I can only see myself getting stronger as the date approaches. The people in my life who genuinely care about me - my family, close friends old and new, virtual friends that I've never met in person but who are amazingly thoughtful and kind and nurturing nonetheless - are standing by me and cheering for me and encouraging me as I do the work, and they will be there for me, in body and in spirit, as I tackle the final 26.2 miles of this journey.


52 Days. BRING IT!

1 comment:

Erica Rodriguez Maier said...

You're a rock star in my book, sister. I can't wait for our Waco venture ... I'm sorry you've had a tough week ... but even tho I've never met you (yet ;)), I know you're strong ... See It, Say It, Make It Happen. :)