Sunday, June 27, 2010

June Streak update

Just a few more days to go in the June streak. I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with how it's gone so far. I have a few more days, and it looks like I'll be on track for about 130 miles for the month by the time it's all said and done. That's the highest total so far this year, including marathon build-up. I feel good, and my legs are stronger than they've been in a while. I feel really ready to start my NYC marathon training plan in eight days (EIGHT DAYS! EEEP!).

The best part about the June streak, though, is that I've had the great opportunity to run with so many different people this month. We ended May running with a great group of Red Light Runners out at the Stonebridge Memorial Day race, and since then, I've had the great opportunity to meet up with some of them for Wednesday runs and long runs as well.  I also have had the chance to run with old friends from my marathon training group in 2009 and new friends like Kris, who I met today for our long run out at White Rock Lake. Without a doubt, sharing my love and my passion for running is one of my favorite parts of my running lifestyle.

And as much as I am such a social creature (otherwise known as "Chatty Cathy" by my Cowtown peeps because I never. stopped. talking. on our training runs!), I really enjoy the camaraderie and friendships that I have developed in conjunction with my running. I am looking forward to getting to know my RLR friends better, meeting even more of my virtual friends from Twitter & FaceBook at upcoming races and events, and sharing the energy and enthusiasm of all of them.  It really energizes me and keeps me motivated.  I will definitely need that as NYC and marathon #9 approaches.

No comments: