Friday, February 19, 2010

Funky chicken

So, I'm in a funk this week. That whole real life thing is intruding on my training and harshing my mellow, so to speak.  I'm sure it doesn't help that my running is down significantly this week and I'm missing all the good endorphins.  Work is stressful (there's a reason they call it work, after all), and there's just too much going on.  I need a break and I'm not sure where it fits into the schedule. Even sleeping in on a weekend holds much appeal right now, but looking at the calendar, I might have a chance to sleep in (past 6:00 am) Sunday after next... maybe.  I need a haircut and a pedicure, and I will for sure need a massage after the full next weekend,but there's just no time. Yes, much of it is self-imposed, but a lot of it is just trying to survive as a working married mother of two in the suburbs - there's not a lot of wiggle room in there.

Deep sigh.  Deep breath.  I will get through this.  I can get through this. Ain't got much choice.

1 comment:

iJuls said...

Yes you will. Here's hoping that both you and I will find some time to reunite with running this weekend with a nice long run.