Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week Ten: The Quality of the Miles

are often more important than the quantity. 

And sometimes the quality has nothing to do with pace or distance. 










After last week's tough long run and in preparation for Cowtown, I was glad to see I had scheduled a cutback week. I needed it and thanks to it, I felt strong and happy for today's miles, despite the heat. We ran slower than either of us planned, but we made the best of it, like we do. Some in our crew ran awesome PRs, others had a hard-fought day with results less ideal than hoped for, and others cheered and provided that key moral support. 

And at the end of the day, we had fried bacon. Yes, there is such a thing, and yes, it tastes as good as you think. 

Week 10: 18 miles, mostly walks and Cowtown. But I ran every step of that hill, so BOOM! 

No comments: