- 10 days.
- I have some amazing friends. I don't think I knew the depths of their friendship until very recently. I guessed, but damn. I am a lucky, lucky, lucky woman.
- I hate tapering. I feel fat and slow. I am hungry but cannot eat as much as I'm used to, lest I gain the four pounds I lost working with the nutritionist and need my own damn ferry to get to Staten Island on race day.
- I found a perfect long-sleeved yellow shirt for the race. I think it will be fine even into the 60s, so I'm excited that my wardrobe choice is finalized.
- My Texas skirt had to go back and get exchanged for a different size. I don't want to talk about it, mostly because I had to get a larger size than originally ordered (I blame the Spandex in it) and because my awesome, cool Texas skirt came from OKLAHOMA!! WTF?!
- Said skirt better be back from OKLAHOMA before next Thursday. It arrived in two days after it was ordered, so it should be here well before then.
- My shoes look like crap, after only 150 miles or so. I need to wash them before next week or they won't be welcome on the plane, either. blick.
- We've been finalizing plans for the weekend, including meetups with Twitter folks and dinner reservations. It's getting so close!
- I get to run with an old high school friend on Sunday. He is recovering from knee surgery so he can only do about 13-minute miles - he's worried about slowing me down. I think that's perfect - I can talk easily at that pace!!
- The Sunday run will be at a Halloween race. I will not be wearing a costume, but I will be bringing out the tutu!! That's about as "dressed up" as I'll get.
- I have the day off tomorrow. Parent-teacher conferences are at 9:30 for Ben-jammin' & then we have the day free until his bowling party at 4:30. Should be a fun day for us.
- I've stayed up way too late all week long. I'm not doing the "rest" part of the taper well. At all.
- Did I mention there are 10 days? EEEEP!
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Many thanks to my girl Mel for reminding me about Thursday Thirteen. Here goes!
at 9:24 PM