Thursday, November 05, 2009

it would probably be better for me

if I could put down the candy corn. I guess it was a bad idea to put the jar in my office, in easy reach whenever the learning curve for the new job stresses me out. It's much faster to satisfy the sugar craving with a small handful of these than to go into the boy's room and dig through the Halloween bag (don't even pretend I'm the only one who does that... I'm not the only who does that, right??). It's a bad habit, and I need to do a better job of resisting the temptation.

I am doing better at getting the regular runs in, although I was hoping to start a streak for November. Late evening at the computer on Monday and then an unplanned trip to College Night last night conspired to keep me from running those nights, but I have been able to maintain a better semblance of a routine, which is a good thing. I'm still miserably slow, but I'm OK with that for now. Considering the year that I've had, I'm ok with just getting the mileage in. I'm like those baseball players that are interviewed on TV, "I'm just happy to be here, I want to stay within myself and do the best I can for the team." Yep, that's me, just happy to be here.

Speaking of baseball, Go Yankees! I opted out of baseball a few years ago (still don't like A-Fraud/A-Roid, whatever) but found myself watching the World Series this year and rooting for the Bronx Bombers and slipping back into the sport just like that. And it has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with Johnny Damon. Nothing. Really. ;)

Saturday ORN - 4.99 miles in 48:51
Sunday ORN - 8.25 miles in 1:25ish
Tuesday ORN - 4 miles, 42:00
Thursday ORN - 4 miles, 41:20

No comments: