Thursday, February 19, 2009

Time to make the doughnuts

jeez, it feels early, so early that I'm like the Dunkin Donuts guy, slogging his way back to the store to start all over again. Except me, I'm headed to the treadmill at the hotel. First order of business is almost always to turn the freakin' heater off in there -- somebody insists on turning it ON to make that place almost 76 degrees, which is just too hot when you're rocking 5 miles. Yes, it's cold outside, but when you run, you get hot, and if it's flippin' bikram yoga hot in the room, somebody (ME) is going to pass out. Then, I have to negotiate around the middle-aged businessmen (and don't remind me that I'll be 40 at the end of the year and will thusly qualify as middle-aged meself) for the good treadmill. They are usually strolling at 3.0, if that, in their loafers and blue jeans, I sh!t you not. No wonder they turn up the heat -- they're not generating enough energy to stay warm. Ugh.

In any case, I'm' headed downstairs now. Probably will only get in 4 or 4.5, depends on how I feel once I get down there and if any of above-mentioned folks are there, too. One more week to go, and not only is it time to make the donuts, but it's also time to start the weather dance, as the 10-day forecast for race day calls for showers the days leading to the race, but race-day itself dawning partly cloudy and 46, rising to a high of 74. Ugh, might be a tad too hot for me, but dry is always good. Will be watching weather.com like a hawk for the next 10 days. Have a great Thursday!!

No comments: