Friday, February 20, 2009

One more week

So, we have a short run set for tomorrow. By the time we're halfway through, we'll be one week away from Cowtown. Tick, tock. Time to boogie. I'm kinda getting nervous, kinda not. On the way from a party tonight, I drove home on the same streets as the last 8 miles of my 20 mile route. And all I kept thinking about the whole way was, "Dang, that's a long way. And I ran that, plus the first 12." So, I feel ready physically. I know mentally that I can do it, too. So, what's the big deal? Why am I kind of freaking out? And should I be nervous that I'm not freaking out more? Every race is its own beast, and you can have a good day or a bad day and that can make all the difference. Weather plays a huge role, and a few degrees fluctuation one way or another can swing the experience either way. I'm test-driving the last potential wardrobe combination tomorrow and finalizing the nutrition plan as well. I'm mostly set. It's all done but the running.

No comments: