Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I need to remember

when I feel sluggish and fat....
when I'm too tired to lace up and head out....
when I'd rather trudge on the TM instead of face the outdoors....
when it's easier to blame travel, work, kids, social obligations for a lack of motivation....

Remember how awesome it was to run outside along Boulder Creek today, with about 100 of my closest pals whizzing by on bicycles and on foot and on inline skates and on leashes. Remember how clean the air was, and how fresh the creek itself smelled, full of spring snowmelt and bubbling as I ran by. Remember how it was hot, but not unbearably so, so that I was sweating but not sweltering.

Remember how great and refreshed and re-invigorated I felt after only 40 minutes. The next time I want to make an excuse, or think that I've lost my mojo, I need to remember this feeling.

No comments: