Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What I really wanted

was to dig into the same mashed potatoes and baked chicken sandwiches the kids were eating, hang out and read the newspaper, and then veg on the couch.

What I did instead was jump on the treadmill immediately after fixing their dinner and did the 3 mile run I should have done this morning. Actually, I should have done it yesterday morning, but I was still dead tired from my 12 miles on Sunday, so I put it off to today. But today I was still too comfy in my bed to get out of it, so I did squat this morning. So I did it just now.

What I really wanted was a Jack in the Box malted mikshake. What I got instead was my power-recovery drink with my chocolate protein powder, a banana, and a spoonful of peanut butter. Yummy, smooth, and while no milkshake, it does fill in for my dinner and tame my chocolate jones with only about 250 calories.

No comments: